The 2018 Holiday Thieves' Market will be held on December 1st and 2nd
The deadline to apply is extended to September 15, 2018.
To Apply: Click on the Main Application tab at the top of the page!
The University of Iowa Fine Arts Council is proud to sponsor the Holiday Thieves' Market. This market is an indoor art exhibition and sale held annually featuring artists from all over the Midwest and beyond. Over 125 artists exhibit and sell their original work in painting, ceramics, photography, woodworking, drawing, metal, glass, jewelry, fiber, and more! The show has a juried selection acceptance process. Admission if free and open to the public! In conjunction with the Holiday Thieves' Market the Fine Arts Council presents an annual wine and craft beer tasting, plus additional programming from partnering organizations.
- December 1 & 2, 2018
- Iowa Memorial Union
- 10am - 5pm Saturday
- 10am - 4pm Sunday
- FREE ADMISSION
Additional Programming and Events:
- Wine & Craft Beer Tasting from 12pm - 3pm
- Emerging Artist Display
- Festival of Wreaths and silent auction by Dance Marathon
- Children Art Activities by Campus Activities Board
- Cocoa & Carols concerts by Old Gold Acapella
- Free Gift Wrapping and in store sales by Iowa Hawk Shop
Information for artists:
- Jury fee $20 per medium
- Exhibitor Fee $135 per booth
- 2018 Application Deadline September 1, 2018
The application deadline for this year's event has not passed.
Future show dates:
2018 - December 1 & 2
2019 - December 7 & 8
2020 - December 5 & 6
2021 - December 4 & 5
2022 - December 3 & 4